Italy

Italy

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Year in Review

Hi everyone.  I'm back with another project to show you. But first I want to thank my sister for threatening me to get this project out here or else.  I love making things, but I just don't take the time to put them out on my blog.  Please enjoy.

I just completed "A Year in Review" by Kathy Files of Paper Phenomenon.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.

This will definetly be picutre heavy.  I made the book for a co-worker who is retiring at the end of March.  I love the way it turned out.

On the Slip Cover I used Tim Holtz Tissue roll. and modge podged it inside and out.  I then used Andirondak Achohol Ink in Carmel and Butterscotch.  I love the color combination.  and of course I had to add something that wasn't a flower or blingy.  so I went with masculine things.



Here is close up of the Key and Pen.


The next picture is a close up of the Clock.  This is from the Bo Bunny Time Piece collection, I glazed the clock face with Glossy Accents.  I loved the way it cracked.


Now I am going to go through the book in pictures and let you look.  I will do some narrating on some of the embellishments that I did.


I used a Tim Holtz Ornate Plate and glued in a Key hole and dangled a Tim Holtz Word key for a charm.  I was really going for masculine and I think I did it.  This is particularlly hard for me, because I really like blingy, shiny and pink things.








I had everyone at work write something on the back of tags.  The white matted ones will have pictures of people from work and then and the ones that I inked/ embossed and stamped will have the people closest to Bob sign with a white pen on the back of the tag.  By the way you can put a full 4 x 6 photo onto those mats.  I may even have some left blank so Bob can add photos of his Wife and children and Grandchildren.

I love the book there are so many pockets and folders.  I am taking group photos of each of the departments, these photos will go onto the larger pages, so really the book isn't even done yet.  I hope you enjoy what I have done so far.








Another long stream of pictures.




You may have noticed that I did use other lines of paper.  This is from the DCWV called Glitzy Glitter Stack.






I did a magnet closure for the inside file pockets for both the front and back of the book.


well thats it for the pictures.  I really enjoy making this book.  I love the design of it.  I have already made three of them.  One for my Mother (her birthday is at the end of March)  I made it for all of the geneology work that she does for our family.  I can't wait to have my sisters and her help put the pictures into it.  I love hearing all of the history of the family, my mom has been gathering all of the history over the years.  Then I made one for myself, (which I'm still working on).  I loved the Time Piece Collection.

Well I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I enjoyed makingj it.  I will be posting more projects in the near future.   Please leave your comments, I would love to hear from you.

Laurie

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your beautiful book out. I hope you get lots and lots of compliments on it. It is so gorgeous - great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skønt, skønt minialbum, sikken et arbejde, jeg vil gerne være din følger og se hvad du ellers laver. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just blown away!! your work is abolutely gorgeous!!! I'm so glad I had a chance to do a little blog hopping today...your work is inspirational! xo

    ReplyDelete